Well everyone, the moment we’ve all been waiting and praying for is officially here. Beginning Sunday June 20th, we will be (mostly) mask optional at City Church. Before I unpack the details, let me give a little bit of context.
Even though we know it’s impossible to please everyone, we have genuinely tried our best to be respectful of all the different views that have arisen in the last year. We know there are some (in our church) who would have preferred we stay open all year and let masks be optional the entire time. We also have folks who call City Church “home” who say they’ll be wearing masks for a long time after everything that’s happened. From the beginning, our goal has been to stay in the middle and to follow reasonable guidance. With this context in mind, masking up will still be expected in the following three areas:
- City Kids volunteers will continue to be required to wear a mask. The guidance for all daycares/local schools for elementary kids still requires them in these contexts, even for vaccinated workers. As a result, we’ll follow suit. If you come across updated information (in our area) that says this doesn’t have to be the case, we’ll take it into consideration.
- Children participating in City Kids will be asked to put a mask on when they come in (if they aren’t already wearing one). We do not force masks on children but we will ask every parent to try their best to make sure their child arrives with one on their face. We have had a few younger kids who were initially reluctant to wear them but each week they have improved. We have found kids to be remarkably happy to be together, even if it means wearing a mask.
- Volunteers who serve food at special events will be asked to wear them. This means anyone directly serving a meal or a beverage will be asked to wear a mask.
So that is all the information about our new (mostly) mask-optional policy for City Church. Now here are three other things we’ll be updating this weekend.
- We will no longer ask adults to “register” to attend indoor or outdoor church. No more need to remember to pre-register or check in when you arrive. Just come!
- We will continue to ask parents to pre-register their little ones for City Kids. The primary reason we’re still hanging onto pre-registration for children’s ministry is to ensure we have space and supplies for the amount of kids who will be coming. The link to register your kids will remain lovehopecity.com/inperson.
- Self-serve coffee is BACK! For ease, we’ll set the coffee in the courtyard near the new coffee bar for self-service.
We are so glad to see City Church blossoming with folks again. We especially look forward to praising the Lord with you on Sunday with a little more freedom than we’ve had. Finally, we continue to be grateful for your ongoing support. This church would not be what it is without God using you to be His hands and feet.
See you Sunday!
Pastor Kyle and the Team at City Church