As of October 24th (when this was written), there are just 81 days left in 2019. That means the year is 78% done. 2020 is right around the corner and it’s a big year. For years, I have thought about it and wondered what life might be like then. If I’m being honest though, I’m not in a rush to get there. While there are several different reasons for that, perhaps the biggest one (for me) is that time is precious on this side of heaven and I want to make every minute count for Jesus. Amen?
As I enter into the “home stretch” of 2019, I have two resolutions for us all to consider.
- Let’s all commit to keep up the good work we are already doing. 95% of Christianity is just “keeping up the good work” we already know.
- Let’s all commit to keep God the top priority and the center of our lives. The fall is often associated with busy schedules, friend/family gatherings, sports, and all kinds of other things. Those are great – GOD IS BETTER. Let’s all commit to keep HIM and HIS purposes first in our lives. We’ve been seeing over and over again in John the last couple weeks how important it is just to remain in the Lord.
Now I’d like to share some updates and things to expect for the remainder of 2019.
- The Anaheim Halloween Parade is going to be a ton of fun. Come enjoy the parade whether you are serving and helping out or not. Also, it’s a great opportunity to invite friends who normally wouldn’t come to the church. It’s happening this Saturday October 26th at 6pm (but you will want to arrive earlier if you want to get a good spot).
- The Watoto Children’s Choir will be at church this upcoming Sunday October 27th at both 9:09am/11:11am services. Don’t miss it. Their performance will absolutely take your breath away.
- We are saying goodbye to Thursday Night Lite services for now. We realize this will come as a disappointment to those who love it. We are committed to a finding a third service option that works in 2020. We also have learned that for us, it might not be something we do year-round. Most likely, we’ll keep a third service in the Winter/Spring and Fall seasons of ministry only (for now).
- Friendsgiving is coming up Friday November 22nd! A few years back, we started hosting a big “Friendsgiving” celebration on the Friday prior to Thanksgiving. It has been a hit every single year. We’ll be doing it again this year and you can sign up online right here. All we ask is that everyone brings something so we don’t run out of food. That day also happens to be Lisa’s birthday so I’m sure there will be some celebrating her that is happening as well! 😉
- Christmas services for 2019 are going to be off the hook. We have had a lot of fun holiday celebrations over the years and this one is shaping up to be pretty great. Stay tuned for more on that in the weeks ahead…
We love you all and hope you plan to be an integral part of the “home stretch” of 2019 with us.
Pastor Kyle and Lisa
P.S. Enjoy your cute “click bait” Nygel/Emersyn pics. 😉